Young people want to shape the world. Camp Fire provides the opportunity to find their spark, lift their voice, and discover who they are. In Camp Fire, it begins now. Light the fire within.
Camp is an experiential education like no other. Children and youth learn life lessons, such as independence, leadership, and self-confidence, in an environment designed specifically for them. Camp is made up almost entirely of teachable moments. Through fun and hand-on experiences, campers have opportunities to grow and develop the skills need to be productive, successful adults. www.acacamps.org
Why Camp Fire
Camp Fire was created to guide young people on their journeys to self-discovery. The founders of Camp Fire felt strongly that young people need experiences that teach them to care for themselves, their environment, and the people around them.
Groups will be scheduled to attend the following activities. In the case of bad weather, every effort will be made to reschedule activities.
- Challenge Course
- Rock Climbing
- Canoeing (5 - 8 years old)
- Kayaking (9 years and older)
- Archery (9 years and older)
- Slingshots (5 - 8 years old)
- Outdoor Cooking (Every Tuesday and Thursday)
- Frog and Turtle Race (Every Wednesday)
Groups will have the opportunity to participate in the following activities based on the group’s interest and allotted free time
- Ga-Ga Pit (a game similar to dodgeball)
- Group games on the sports field (Tag, Red Rover, Kickball, etc)
- Arts and Crafts
- Teambuilding and Leadership games
- Nature conservation and appreciation